2015 IT Industry Predictions: A Look At What’s To Come
2014 sure was a busy year, but now that December 31st has come and gone, it’s time to look forward. Our experts, VMTurbo co-founders Yechiam Yemini (YY) and Yuri Rabover, accompanied by Principal Solutions Engineer and Technology Evangelist Eric Wright (aka @discoposse), weighed in on what’s in store for 2015. Here’s a brief look at what they had to say:
- Containers are here to stay, so get used to hearing about the likes of Docker, Red Hat CoreOS and Apache’s Mesos, to name a few.
- Don’t fall asleep on Microsoft Azure, it will prove itself a true competitor in the landscape of cloud computing.
- Prepare for a new generation of cloud applications combining resource allocation and end-user delivery….think Netflix…
- Solid-state storage arrays will replace traditional hard drives in a flash (bad pun, we know).
- OpenStack will come into its own, 2015 is sure to be its year as it overcomes traditional virtualization and server stack options in Enterprise.
Take a look at this infographic for more on our experts’ industry predictions, and check out VMblog for the full post. We’re excited about 2015, are you?
Read the entire article here, 2015 IT Industry Predictions: A Look At What’s To Come
Other FREE VMTurbo Resources